What comes after acknowledging the presence of something in your life that was previously a taboo conversation topic?
- Am I sick?
- Will other people think/assume that I’m sick?
- Will other people think that I’m making a big deal out of nothing?
- Will other people think that I’ve been hiding all these years and that I’m actually a completely different – sick – human?
- How can I stop myself from wallowing – if I do start to wallow – in my newly acknowledged problems?
- How can I best figure out the people in my surroundings with whom I can speak freely about mental health, and those who will look constipated if I wander within a white elephant’s breadth of the topic?
- How can I help others in the same, or a similar, situation?
- Will I ever get better?
- Yes, I will get better.
- But how?